• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

29 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

Technically correct just means correct.

None of the vegetarians I know (sad people) eat cheese unless they know it is truly vegetarian. 99% isn't. 

6 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

Well, you can re-define 'vegetarian' any way you choose, but for most it means abstaining from foods which involve products from dead animals. Most cheese does involve such products. Not that I mind!

"None that I know" and "most" does not equal all.   

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

26 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

Technically correct just means correct.

None of the vegetarians I know (sad people) eat cheese unless they know it is truly vegetarian. 99% isn't. 

2 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

Well, you can re-define 'vegetarian' any way you choose, but for most it means abstaining from foods which involve products from dead animals. Most cheese does involve such products. Not that I mind!

"None that I know" and "most" does not equal all.    Active on several travel forums, I repeatedly warn people to ask about sauces and other not obvious inclusions of meat product.