• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

49 minutes ago, Duvel said:

we have a circulation hood, including two sets of stainless steel filters* for filtering the circulated air. It is efficient, easy to clean (the filter go in the dish washer) and after 7 years of usage you don't see any grease deposits on the ceiling, where the exhaust fan ventilates to. Of course, if you fry fish you'll still need to air out the house. But other than that I am ok with the solution ...

---

* at least that's what I'd call them ...

Same here - in addition to the stainless filters, the hood has an internal, large, thick (and expensive) replaceable charcoal filter.  It is suggested to replace the charcoal filter every x number of hours of use, which I tend to overlook and just replace it annually. I do put the external stainless filters in the dishwasher every week or so. I'm surprised at how well the recirculating hood works at reducing odors and removing grease from the air.

weinoo

weinoo

31 minutes ago, Duvel said:

we have a circulation hood, including two sets of stainless steel filters* for filtering the circulated air. It is efficient, easy to clean (the filter go in the dish washer) and after 7 years of usage you don't see any grease deposits on the ceiling, where the exhaust fan ventilates to. Of course, if you fry fish you'll still need to air out the house. But other than that I am ok with the solution ...

---

* at least that's what I'd call them ...

Same here - in addition to the stainless filters, the hood has an internal, large, thick (and expensive) replaceable charcoal filter.  It is suggested to replace the charcoal filter every x number of hours of use, which I tend to overlook and just replace it annually. I do put the external stainless filters in the dishwasher every week or so. I'mn surprised at how well the recirculating hood works at reducing odors and removing grease from the air.