• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bouchon Menu

cabrales

Below is Bouchon's menu (T Keller's bistro in Yountville) as of last weekend. I do not believe the menu is yet available on-line:

A. Fruits de Mer -- Seafood

Grand Plateau (1 lobster, 16 oysters, 6 shrimp, 8 clams, 9 mussels, seasonal crab, special selection) $70

Petit Plateau (1/2 lobster, 9 oysters, 3 shrimps, 3 clams, 6 mussels) $36

Huitres, oysters $14/1/2 dozen

Crevettes, shrimp $16/1/2 dozen

Palourdes, clams $1.45/piece

Moules, mussels $2.50/1/2 dozen

Demi-homard, 1/2 lobster, market price

Crabe, crab, market price

B. Salades (French menu headings omitted going forward; English menu headings included)

Mixed greens with Dijon mustard vinaigrette, warm goat cheese and toasted hazelnuts, $9.50

Watercress and pear salad with Roquefort, toasted walnuts and walnut vinaigrette, $8.75

Bibb lettuce with garden herbs, $7.50

Chilled leeks vinaigrette with egg mimosa, $8.95

Frisee salad with bacon lardons, poached egg and warm bacon vinaigrette, $9.75

C. Plats Principaux (Main Dishes)

Leg of lamb with flageolets beans in a thyme jus, 19.95

A Pan-seared flatiron [steak] served with maitre d'hotel butter and french fries, 21.50

Roasted chicken with a ragout of wild mushrooms, 17.50

Blood sausage with potato puree and caramelized apples, 17.95

Pan roasted trout with lemon-brown butter, capers and haricots verts, 19.50

Sauteed Artic Char with braised artichokes, onions and sweet carrots, 22.50

Bouchot mussels steamed in white wine with garlic, shallots, saffron & mustard, served with french fries, 17.95

Sauteed herbed gnocchi with a ragout of mushrooms, winter sqaush & mushroom cream, 17.95

Open faced sandwich [tartine] served with french fries, 13.95

Toasted ham & cheese sandwich with a fried egg :laugh: and mornay sauce served with french fries [Croque Madame], 14.95

D. Caviar :laugh: (each 2 oz servings)

with toasted brioche and creme fraiche

Beluga $125, osetra $85, sevruga $60

E. Hors d'oeuvres

Terrine of duck foie gras with toasted baguette, $45 (5 oz)

Onion soup $7.50

Soup of the day $7.00

Quiche of the day $10.50

Garlic sausage with French green lentils $10.75

Cod brandade with tomato confit and fried sage $9.75

Rabbit rillette with prune compote and toasted croutons $11.50

Charcuterie Plate -- Rosette de Lyons, Jambon de Bayonne, Pate Maison $11.50

F. A La Carte

French fries 3.75

Cauliflower gratin 4.50

Potato puree 4

Green beans 4.50

Sauteed spinach 4

Marinated olives 4.50

G. Cheese (served with honeycomb)

$7.75 each; $9.75 for tasting portion of 3 cheeses

Fourme d'Ambert

Pave d'Affinois

St. Maure de Touraine

Tomme de Chevre

Fleur du Maquis

Reblochon

H. Desserts

Profiteroles -- Vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce $6.50

Lemon tart 6.00

Pot de Creme -- Infused custard 6.50

Creme Caramel 5.50

Ice cream/sorbet 1.50/scoop

Dark chocolate mousse 6.50

Hope this is helpful. :laugh:

IrishCream -- I had to type the information in, because the menu is on a brownish, quasi-translucent-type paper. It's not a problem, as I type very quickly.

I had dinner at Bouchon after an unsuccessful, self-initiated wait for 2 hours at the French Laundry bar area. During that wait, I didn't want to read Keller's book for some reason (highly unusual for me), and just kind of rested. I also chatted with members of the dining room team from time to time. I drank some Billecart Salmon and the Laurent Perrier champagne (cuvee described in FL thread, this is $30/glass) available by the glass. I received a gougere and a small cup of cauliflower soup. The reception team indicated that chances were slim that somebody would have confirmed and yet not show up. However, I persisted for about 2 hours.

I indicated to the team I was going to get some food at Bouchon, but that I remained reachable by mobile or through Bouchon. I had 1/2 dozen Malpeques and the blood sausage dish. The oysters were appropriate. The blood sausage was presented in its entirety and not in cross-section servings. It was appropriate too. The potato puree accompanying it was average. A decent by-the-glass selection was offered.

Bouchon's cuisine shows no signs of its affiliation with FL, but the cuisine is passable, based on one visit. :smile:

• 1 year later...
Bouchon's cuisine shows no signs of its affiliation with FL, but the cuisine is passable, based on one visit.  :smile:

A friend of mine had dinner at Bouchon two weeks ago (and said that he enjoyed his meal very much). One thing he had noticed on the menu was that they were featuring Farm-Raised Atlantic Salmon. Given that wild salmon is so plentiful on the west coast at the end of July, he was curious as to why they would be bringing in farm-raised salmon from the east coast. And so he asked the waiter about it, and when the waiter came back, he informed my friend that this is because they wanted a consistent product.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Sorry, but the menu IS available on-line. Click here, and when the page opens, press the hyperlink "click here"

That downloads a PDF of the Bouchon menu.

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

• 1 month later...
Sorry, but the menu IS available on-line.  Click here, and when the page opens, press the hyperlink "click here"

That downloads a PDF of the Bouchon menu.

You are correct, however the menu wasn't online before the french laundry website launched. It's good to see the menu online, since it's almost impossible to read on translucent paper in the dark at the restaurant :laugh:

i had a quick dinner there a couple of weeks ago (sorry melkor, et al, i was in town for a conference and my only opening was the night i was driving up ... next time). i had the charcuterie plate and a vegetable salad, the brandade beignets and orange pots de creme. i drank a glass of a melon de bourgogne, a rose from costiere de nimes and something else i no longer recall. the charcuterie plate was good, everything else was very good to wonderful. the vegetable salad, which i hadn't had before, was, in fact, very close to FL food, perfect ingredients, subtly combined, artfully arranged. the brandade balls ... what can i say? i order them every time i go, whether i'm hungry or not. the pots de creme were absolutely perfect, silky with a very subtle orange flavor. made up for all the student food i ate for the rest of the week.

Maybe I should go back, I've been going to Bistro Jeanty recently instead of Bouchon as I'd previously had much better meals there. I'll give it another shot next time I'm feeling like bistro food.