• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

1 hour ago, TdeV said:

Could you please give the recipe?

It couldn't be easier. It is just cream cheese mixed with anchovy fillets or anchovy paste to taste. I have added dehydrated onion flakes or very finely minced onion but it isn't necessary. It just adds a little texture. I got the recipe over 50 years ago from a Danish chef that I worked with at the Hidden Valley Country Club in Reno. It was his most requested dish and he never would tell anyone what was in it.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

1 hour ago, TdeV said:

Could you please give the recipe?

It couldn't be easier. It is just cream cheese mixed with anchovy fillets or anchovy paste to taste. I have added dehydrated onion flakes or very finely minced onion but it isn't necessary. It just adds a little texture. I got the recipe over 50 years ago from a Danish chef that I worked with at the Hidden Valley Country Club in Reno.