• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

53 minutes ago, chromedome said:

My ice cream machine gets used in summer and ignored in winter (go figure).

The country with the highest per head consumption of ice cream is Russia - and it is mostly eaten in winter. And Russian winters are notoriously cold.

It is (or at  least was), when I lived there, sold like a street food. The vendors didn't need ice cream makers or even freeezers. They were living in one!

I have vivid memories of eating ice cream in Moscow while wrapped up in my fur and leather coat, wearing two pairs of gloves and my rabbit-skin hat! It was delicious, The ice cream; not the rabbit!

liuzhou

liuzhou

51 minutes ago, chromedome said:

The country with the highest per head consumption of ice cream is Russia - and it is mostly eaten in winter.And Russian winters are notoriously cold.

It is (or at  least was) when I lived there sold like a street food. The vendors didn't need ice cream makers or even freeezers. They were living in one!

I have vivid memories of eating ice cream in Moscow while wrapped up in my fur and leather coat, wearing two pairs of gloves and my rabbit-skin hat! It was delicious, The ice cream; not the rabbit!

liuzhou

liuzhou

47 minutes ago, chromedome said:

The country with the highest per head consumption of ice cream is Russia - and it is mostly eaten in winter.And Russian winters are notoriously cold.

It is (or at  least was) when I lived there sold like a street food. The vendors didn't need ice cream makers or even freeezers. They were living in one!