• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

I think yum cha is common in Australia - my first encounter. My sister and family use that term. The HK influence is stong there.

Tea as referenced as a formal occasion I've had in Victoria, BC per @rotuts, and with my Anglophile friends at several locations in Southern California. The tiered serving dishes, and the little sandwiches, and the clotted cream & scones. I never knew if it was  true to UK style.

heidih

heidih

I think yum cha is common in Australia - my first encounter. My sister and family use that term.

Tea as referenced as a formal occasion I've had in Victoria, BC per @rotuts, and with my Anglophile friends at several locations in Southern California. The tiered serving dishes, and the little sandwiches, and the clotted cream & scones. I never knew if it was  true to UK style.

heidih

heidih

I think yum cha is common in Australia - my first encounter. Mty sin and niece and nehew cling to that pronunciation.

Tea as referenced as a formal occasion I've had in Victoria, BC per @rotuts, and with my Anglophile friends at several locations in Southern California. The tiered serving dishes, and the little sandwiches, and the clotted cream & scones. I never knew if it was how true to UK style.