• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Welcome Addition to Montgomery County

David De Silva

If you are looking for great Italian food and don't want to have to go to Philly (as we used to have to do), check out a new place called Ravenna in Center point (intersection of Rtes 73 and 363). Serving excellent Italian fare from the Emilia Romagna region, Ravenna is a lovely BYOB restaurant that is also reasonably priced. I have eaten there twice as well as their 4 course New Year's Eve menu and have never been disappointed. Their Osso Bucco (at $25, the most expensive item on the menu) is as good as it gets. Add that it's BYOB and it can't be beat. Unfortunately, young and inexperienced wait staff can be frustrating but hey, you can't have it all. Reservations a must on weekends when it gets pretty crowded. Go on a weekday, they have specials everyday.

Edited by David De Silva (log)

• 4 years later...

I missed the DDC dinner there in '04 - has anyone been recently? The 2006 reviews on CitySearch aren't great but I generally think people who review on CitySearch as opposed to eGullet just aren't into food anyway.

We have a gift cert for Ravenna and was thinking about it for a romantic anniversary coming up.

Lisa K

Lavender Sky

"No one wants black olives, sliced 2 years ago, on a sandwich, you savages!" - Jim Norton, referring to the Subway chain.

I missed the DDC dinner there in '04 - has anyone been recently? The 2006 reviews on CitySearch aren't great but I generally think people who review on CitySearch as opposed to eGullet just aren't into food anyway.

We have a gift cert for Ravenna and was thinking about it for a romantic anniversary coming up.

I go often and it's still very good. One of the few good restaurants in the area. Allison at Blue Bell is also excellent.