• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

15 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I bought a nice fillet of wild pollock today ... yes, not the most adventurous fish, but sustainable and more importantly available fresh here in a regular shop. I was going for battered fried pollock, but in a last-minute decision I went for fish chowder. Good decision - family was very happy !

4BFC9A79-960C-48EF-B107-15C07DBBF28F.thumb.jpeg.03a7dd4374ba153d2d3786cecfae261f.jpeg

I get wild pollock frequently so your chowder idea is on my tp be made soon list. I turned my last piece into a fish salad this morning.

heidih

heidih

13 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I bought a nice fillet of wild pollock today ... yes, not the most adventurous fish, but sustainable and more importantly available fresh here in a regular shop. I was going for battered fried pollock, but in a last-minute decision I went for fish chowder. Good decision - family was very happy !

4BFC9A79-960C-48EF-B107-15C07DBBF28F.thumb.jpeg.03a7dd4374ba153d2d3786cecfae261f.jpeg

I get wild pollock frequently so your chowder idea is on my tp be made soon list.