• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

Delivery from Misfits showed up last night, Friday. A few hours after they deleted my total charged bill. They packed on Monday for a Tuesday delivery. Four days later... Had a garbage bag handy. Head scratching that most things are fine. Clearly the vegetable box had a bottom blow-out by the evidence of an angry re-taping using gobs of tape. A bit gross that the contents fell out somewhere. Still had a chilled feel to them unlike most grocery produce.

I poked a couple cheeses with my thermopop and 38ºF is fine by me. (repacked since I compromised the seal.)

The ice packs were still partially frozen. The lamb and bison mince were 38º as well using my thermopen so I froze them and jury is still out if I use them. 

(Misfits apologized for the delay on Wednesday). 

I did tell them last night that most items seem fine. (but want me to toss any meat). They stand by deleting the entire cost.  

*I used my temp probes using alcohol swabs for safety reasons...no meat testing into cheeses. 

Good business plan to not question your consumer. 

Thankful I postponed my FreshDirect a day for this morning. I had a chance to delete lots of things I do not need duplicates. FD sent two one pound wooden box crates of salt cod. One was a bit broken so they sent a freebie. At least that order was perfect. 

Planning a road trip next week, --good grief, --we are set for variety. Thinning crisper drawer is now stuffed. 

IMG_6150.jpeg

IMG_6152.jpeg

Annie_H

Annie_H

Delivery from Misfits showed up last night, Friday. A few hours after they deleted my total charged bill. They packed on Monday for a Tuesday delivery. Four days later... Had a garbage bag handy. Head scratching that most things are fine. Clearly the vegetable box had a bottom blow-out by the evidence of an angry re-taping using gobs of tape. A bit gross that the contents fell out somewhere. Still had a chilled feel to them unlike most grocery produce.

I poked a couple cheeses with my thermopop and 38ºF is fine by me. (repacked since I compromised the seal.)

The ice packs were still partially frozen. The lamb and bison mince were 38º as well using my thermopen so I froze them and jury is still out if I use them. 

(Misfits apologized for the delay on Wednesday). 

I did tell them last night that most items seem fine. (but want me to toss any meat). They stand by deleting the entire cost.  

*I used my temp probes using alcohol swabs for safety reasons...no meat testing into cheeses. 

Good business plan to not question your consumer. 

Thankful I postponed my FreshDirect a day for this morning. I had a chance to delete lots of things I do not need duplicates. FD sent two one pound wooden box crates of salt cod. One was a bit broken so they sent a freebie. At least that order was perfect. 

Planning a road trip next week, --good grief, --we are set for variety. Thin crisper and now stuffed. 

IMG_6150.jpeg

IMG_6152.jpeg