• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

On 3/3/2023 at 9:12 AM, lemniscate said:

I didn't notice anything I would have bought as "sold out" here.  I don't usually do prepared foods, I think that's what I saw mostly as sold out, like 3 Little Pigs Egg Bites, and salad kits and sweets/breads.

But it's probably very regional anyway.   Hope you have a better experience.  I kind of Meh on Misfits right now.   Nothing terribly wrong, but nothing terribly compelling either.

I think @Maison Rustique was talking about Imperfect, not Misfits — and despite being the same company with mostly the same products, my recent experience with Imperfect was that they were sold out of a lot more things than Misfits. I skipped one week when I had the 50% off offer because I logged in two hours late and about 80% of the entire fruit section was greyed out.

My guess is that it's because Imperfect only has the option for an auto-filled cart, whereas with Misfits that's a new thing and probably a very small percentage of their subscribers.

I canceled after the discount ran out — if I order again the Misfits interface works better for me. (Unless of course they throw another 50% off coupon my way.)

Unrelatedly, did a second Umamicart order recently and once again had a great experience. Splurged on the kaya jam trio with milk bread and have been enjoying it as a change of pace at breakfast. Next one will probably be from Weee! — though it may be a while as we're traveling in a few weeks and I'll be trying to draw down the stockpiles. Our dog sitters probably will appreciate having some room in the fridge and freezer for their own stuff...

dtremit

dtremit

On 3/3/2023 at 9:12 AM, lemniscate said:

I didn't notice anything I would have bought as "sold out" here.  I don't usually do prepared foods, I think that's what I saw mostly as sold out, like 3 Little Pigs Egg Bites, and salad kits and sweets/breads.

But it's probably very regional anyway.   Hope you have a better experience.  I kind of Meh on Misfits right now.   Nothing terribly wrong, but nothing terribly compelling either.

I think @Maison Rustique was talking about Imperfect, not Misfits — and despite being the same company with mostly the same products, my recent experience with Imperfect was that they were sold out of a lot more things than Misfits. I skipped one week when I had the 50% off offer because I logged in two hours late and about 80% of the entire fruit section was greyed out.

My guess is that it's because Imperfect only has the option for an auto-filled cart, whereas with Misfits that's a new thing and probably a very small percentage of their subscribers.

I canceled after the discount ran out — if I order again the Misfits interface works better for me. (Unless of course they throw another 50% off coupon my way.)

Unrelatedly, did a second Umamicart order recently and once again had a great experience. Splurged on the kaya jam trio with milk bread and have been enjoying it as a change of pace at breakfast.