• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

Welp, Misfits caught up with me. I genuinely thought I had paused all delivered until August because that option was right in my face. Canceling? Not so much. 

I was wrong. And now I have a pre determined “box” where I didn’t choose any items coming to me Saturday. I will likely offer it to my neighbors and family. By the time it gets here I’ll have less than 2 weeks until my home closes and for now I am packing and not cooking. 

I’m also going to try to get customer service on the phone to see if they can either donate the box or re-route it to the local soup kitchen if they accept donations of food. 

I’m exhausted by the efforts needed to try to be as sneaky as the companies we rely in order to cancel memberships. 

Next up on the docket is MetsFan v. Ready Refresh, aka Poland Spring. 

To be fair, if I was not in the middle of packing and preparing for a move, the items they automatically choose are all things I could and would use. They stuck to the basics and I think that is a plus. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

Welp, Misfits caught up with me. I genuinely thought I had paused all delivered until August because that option was right in my face. Canceling? Not so much. 

I was wrong. And now I have a pre determined “box” where I didn’t choose any items coming to me Saturday. I will likely offer it to my neighbors and family. By the time it gets here I’ll have less than 2 weeks until my home closes and for now I am packing and not cooking.