• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

21 hours ago, Shelby said:

Aren't the sea beans sooooo good????  I could just sit and eat them out of the package..but there aren't very many of them lol.

We have been snacking the sea beans as a garnish. Had some with sushi and dumplings last night. I'm not usually tempted by oddities but glad I did. I stock a few dried seaweeds and bonito flakes having a great shelf life...but yes, a really good fresh crunchy treat.

My Misfits box came a day early, 🤪. I was not prepared but dealt with it. Gorgeous and so fresh...they sent double cilantro and extra purple sweet potatoes---both were small so they doubled. Three giant leeks. Huge celery with a boat load of tender leaves. 

Thought a perfect box---then just realized they left out the avocados. 🙄. Bummer. I've been ordering the bag of six minis. Always firm and ripen over 10-12 days but not all at once. Very dense for their size, so easy to judge and fridge the few that are a bit soft. 

Three big bunches of scallions! 

IMG_2341.jpeg

Annie_H

Annie_H

21 hours ago, Shelby said:

Aren't the sea beans sooooo good????  I could just sit and eat them out of the package..but there aren't very many of them lol.

We have been snacking the sea beans as a garnish. Had some with sushi and dumplings last night. I'm not usually tempted by oddities but glad I did. I stock a few dried seaweeds and bonito flakes having a great shelf life...but yes, a really good fresh crunchy treat.

My Misfits box came a day early, 🤪. I was not prepared but dealt with it. Gorgeous and so fresh...they sent double cilantro and extra purple sweet potatoes---both were small so they doubled. Three giant leeks. Huge celery with a boat load of tender leaves. 

Thought a perfect box---then just realized they left out the avocados. 🙄. Bummer. I've been ordering the bag of six minis. Always firm and ripen over 10-12 days but not all at once. Very dense for their size, so easy to judge and fridge the few that are a bit soft. 

IMG_2341.jpeg