• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

sp

I had trouble finding anything not written by the company. But some yelp or some such reviews have some pics posted. Seems some locations have a pick-up or delivery for 7bucks. One customer posted a layout of their loot....a bar of soap, one root veg I think a radish and two tiny garlic bulbs. So tiny they should really have been planted in October to for next years harvest. And I think a bag of meatballs.

Might be valuable if you are familiar with your local vendors. Would prevent multiple shopping stops. Like a familiar farmers market. Imagine a smart kid videotaping a walk through the UnionSquare market once a week and shopping for you, then delivering. Or starting a collective and gathering local produce in one location and shipped or delivered from there. I've photographed rooftop greenhouses in Brooklyn. If someone put together my favorite NYC things and local greenhouse produce I'm all in. 

What makes WaldenLocal HudsonValley work so well is having their own vans and delivering in each area just once a month. Except when our second bag never showed up April 2020. No door pic. Delivered to the wrong door obviously but no-one fessed up. They did 

reimburse but could only re-deliver a few weeks later. Bummer since we really needed it at that time. Baldor to the rescue.

So many great things made right here in the NY metropolitan area. It would take days to gather all of it.

This is pretty great, posted recently in the NYTimes, Katz's get well soon package

Annie_H

Annie_H

sp

I had trouble finding anything not written by the company. But some yelp or some such reviews have some pics posted. Seems some locations have a pick-up or delivery for 7bucks. One customer posted a layout of their loot....a bar of soap, one root veg I think a radish and two tiny garlic bulbs. So tiny they should really have been planted in October to for next years harvest. And I think a bag of meatballs.

Might be valuable if you are familiar with your local vendors. Would prevent multiple shopping stops. Like a familiar farmers market. Imagine a smart kid videotaping a walk through the UnionSquare market once a week and shopping for you, then delivering. Or starting a collective and gathering local produce in one location and shipped or delivered from there. I've photographed rooftop greenhouses in Brooklyn. If someone put together my favorite NYC things and local greenhouse produce I'm all in. 

What makes WaldenLocal HudsonValley work so well is having their own vans and delivering in each area just once a month. Except when our second bag never showed up April 2020. No door pic. Delivered to the wrong door obviously but no-one fessed up. They did 

reimburse but could only re-deliver a few weeks later. Bummer since we really needed it at that time. Baldor to the rescue.

So many great things made right here in the NY metropolitan area. It would take days to gather all of it.

This is pretty great, posted recently in the NYTimes, https://katzsdelicatessen.com/get-well-soon-package.html

Annie_H

Annie_H

What makes WaldonLocal HudsonValley work so well is having their own vans and delivering in each area just once a month. Except when our second bag never showed up April 2020. No door pic. Delivered to the wrong door obviously but no-one fessed up. They did 

This is pretty great, posted recently in the NYTimes, https://katzsdelicatessen.com/get-well-soon-package.html