• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 11/25/2020 at 8:50 AM, BetD said:

I would be happy to see the back end of the phrase “a good amount” as a unit of measurement.  “Add a good amount of butter”........ a Tbls.... a stick... c’mon.

Please not 'a stick'. That is a purely American concept. Butter isn't marked in sticks in most of the world. Also, tablespooon is an inaccurate measurement for butter. Give us weights, preferably metric!

liuzhou

liuzhou

49 minutes ago, BetD said:

I would be happy to see the back end of the phrase “a good amount” as a unit of measurement.  “Add a good amount of butter”........ a Tbls.... a stick... c’mon.

Please not 'a stick'. That is a purely American concept. Butter isn't marked in sticks in most of the world. Also, tablespooon is an inaccurate measurement for buttet. Give us weights, preferably metric!

liuzhou

liuzhou

41 minutes ago, BetD said:

Please not 'a stick'. That is a purely American concept. Butter isn't marked in sticks in most of the world. Also, tablespooon is an inaccurate measurement. Give us weights!