• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

That takes me back ...

About 20 years ago I was invited to a research conference in Sapporo. I ised the trip to explore Hokkaido a bit, and one night me and my girlfriend did a home stay with an Ainu family literally in the middle of nowhere, who treated us to a wonderful ishikari-nabe, or salmon hot pot. Some salmon jerky was offered and we had a great evening with our hosts ...

047664D1-3C17-4F85-B5E6-DBA7DDBB3DB4.jpeg

Duvel

Duvel

That takes me back ...

About 20 years ago I was invited to a research conference in Sapporo. I ised the trip to explore Hokkaido a bit, and one night me and my girlfriend did a home stay with an Ainu family literally in the middle of nowhere, who treated us to a wonderful ishikari-nabe, or salmon hot pot. Some salmon jerky was offered and we had a great evening with our hosts ...

047664D1-3C17-4F85-B5E6-DBA7DDBB3DB4.jpeg