• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

The gas range in my current house is my first ever and I've been using it for 15 years now.    I do like it except for a couple of things:

The heat it creates in the kitchen,

The open flame is dangerous,

the range top gets dirty and is hard to keep clean.

My new house is getting a GE Cafe Induction slide-in range.  I'm excited about it.

We put a new Kitchen Aid glass top electric range in my previous home (no available gas line) and I liked it just fine, especially how easy it was to keep looking nice.

lindag

lindag

The gas range in my current house is my first ever and I've been using it for 15 years now.    I do like it except for a couple of things:

The heat it creates in the kitchen,

The open flame is dangerous,

the range top gets dirty and is hard to keep clean.

My new house is getting a GE Cafe Induction slide-in range.  I'm excited about it.

We put a new Kitchen Aid glass top electric range in my previous home and I liked it just fine, especially how easy it was to keep looking nice.