• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

mgaretz

mgaretz

41 minutes ago, md8232 said:

I don't think the FB has a Steam/Bake function.  Or at least I didn't find it.

I don't own this, but looking at user manual, H Steam would have to be a steam/bake function otherwise the temperature would never get above 212F or thereabouts (note the steam function has this temp limit).  Now personally, I like crispy skin on my chicken so I would have used Combi mode which is all the elements plus steam plus convection.  That said, I get juicy chicken with crispy skin in my BSOA without steam.  If I didn't already own a BSOA, I might consider this baby.

mgaretz

mgaretz

37 minutes ago, md8232 said:

I don't think the FB has a Steam/Bake function.  Or at least I didn't find it.

I don't own this, but looking at user manual, Combi would have to be a steam/bake function otherwise the temperature would never get above 212F or thereabouts (note the steam function has this temp limit).  Now personally, I like crispy skin on my chicken so I would have used Combi mode which is all the elements plus steam plus convection.  That said, I get juicy chicken with crispy skin in my BSOA without steam.  If I didn't already own a BSOA, I might consider this baby.