• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

❤️ ginger...as the kids would say.  Ed has always said he doesn't like ginger, but has recently discovered that indeed he does.

One of my favorites is Triple Ginger Ice Cream, an eG recipe posted by Food Man.  

And of course gingerbread recipes:  Old Fashioned Gingerbread Cake from the Spruce Eats is a current favorite.

Dark Chocolate coated Candied Ginger.  Yummm.  Recipe for candying the ginger from Andiesenji, my candying everything that moves mentor.

And some years ago I actually tried to grow ginger.  It was great joy but alas in the end resulted in nothing.  And now I seem to have deleted the photos.

Then there is the plethora of dishes which are  made special by the addition of ginger.  

Thanks David Ross for this Cook-off topic. 

Found it.  September 2009

1955259048_GingerSept1109.jpg.250692ca2dd5496126af257a90d4c5b1.jpg

Darienne

Darienne

❤️ ginger...as the kids would say.  Ed has always said he doesn't like ginger, but has recently discovered that indeed he does.

One of my favorites is Triple Ginger Ice Cream, an eG recipe posted by Food Man.  

And of course gingerbread recipes:  Old Fashioned Gingerbread Cake from the Spruce Eats is a current favorite.

Dark Chocolate coated Candied Ginger.  Yummm.  Recipe for candying the ginger from Andiesenji, my candying everything that moves mentor.

And some years ago I actually tried to grow ginger.  It was great joy but alas in the end resulted in nothing.  And now I seem to have deleted the photos.

Then there is the plethora of dishes which are  made special by the addition of ginger.  

Thanks David Ross for this Cook-off topic.