• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

1 hour ago, KennethT said:

I am in a rut...  For the life of me, I can't think of anything interesting to do with the following ingredients... help please!!!!

skin on chicken thighs

cilantro (including the stems)

limes

ginger

My pantry is well stocked with most things needed for anything west of the pacific ocean...

The above sounds good, but you could simplify things if you are lacking fish sauce or tamarind. Just saute the chicken to brown and remove. Add some ginger and garlic to saute briefly, then some chicken broth and the cilantro, minus the stems, chopped.. Add back chicken, braise half an hour or so and add sriracha or whatever hot sauce you have to taste. Serve over rice with a squirt of lime juice, or, if really soupy, maybe with rice noodles. That's what I would probably do if I didn't want to leave the house or think about it too much. 

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

56 minutes ago, KennethT said:

I am in a rut...  For the life of me, I can't think of anything interesting to do with the following ingredients... help please!!!!

skin on chicken thighs

cilantro (including the stems)

limes

ginger

My pantry is well stocked with most things needed for anything west of the pacific ocean...

The above sounds good, but you could simplify things if you are lacking fish sauce or tamarind. Just saute the chicken to brown and remove. Add some ginger and garlic to saute briefly, then some chicken broth and the cilantro, minus the stems, chopped.. Add back chicken, braise half an hour or so and add sriracha or whatever hot sauce you have to taste. Serve over rice, or, if really soupy, maybe with rice noodles. That's what I would probably do if I didn't want to leave the house or think about it too much.