• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

We own about 8 plastic containers for bagged milk.  At any given time, several of these are down in the cellar freezer with milk bags already placed in them.  As the milk in the fridge is used...a new container with bag is retrieved and thawed.  It's not a problem and we've just done it for a long time now.  Makes sense to me...but then no one asked.

As for the metric system...we were both already out of high school when it was imposed upon us.  Some of my life I do in Metric...and some in non-Metric.  Oh well...

Darienne

Darienne

We own about 8 plastic containers for bagged milk.  At any given time, several of these are down in the cellar freezer with milk bags already placed in them.  As the milk in the fridge is used...a new container with bag is retrieved and thawed.  It's not a problem and we've just done it for a long time now.  Makes sense to me...but then no one asked.

As for the metric system...we were both already out of school when it was imposed upon us.  Some of my life I do in Metric...and some in non-Metric.  Oh well...