• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

On 10/9/2019 at 8:58 PM, RealGracePiper said:

My guy is diabetic, so low carb, so needs meat at dinner. He's getting together with a group of peers and one of them is vegan. 

Any thoughts on a spot that would be conducive to conversation? Not too pricy Please only answer if you know what vegans can and can't eat. 

I'd love it if a vegan chimed in.  Thank you! 

Well I asked in the NYC section, but I totally screwed up with my question! Thanks for pointing it out! Manhattan  midtown and below only. Thanks again Kerry. I *was *really unclear. :)  I hope I get suggestions.

Are vegans somehow restricted from uptown? Are non-vegans allowed to answer the op?

But seriously, folks...I can't believe no one is gluten free in this dining group?! 

And he who needs "meat?' Does he include proteins like chicken? Duck? Rabbit? Pig? Pigeon? Cuy? Shrimp? Or must it be steak? 

And what's your definition of midtown and below? Like what street delineates midtown? Conversation - in NYC?! Not too pricey - in NYC?!

If you're not a troll, go to an Italian restaurant like Pasquale Jones or Lupa.  Meat man gets meat.  Vegan orders pasta with tomatoes or with garlic and oil and some sautéed broccoli raab on the side. Maybe a salad?  Vegan tells wait person to make sure his order is veganized.  Everyone is happy.

Well...as happy as they can be in this scenario.

weinoo

weinoo

My guy is diabetic, so low carb, so needs meat at dinner. He's getting together with a group of peers and one of them is vegan. 

Any thoughts on a spot that would be conducive to conversation? Not too pricy Please only answer if you know what vegans can and can't eat. 

I'd love it if a vegan chimed in.  Thank you! 

Well I asked in the NYC section, but I totally screwed up with my question! Thanks for pointing it out! Manhattan  midtown and below only. Thanks again Kerry. I *was *really unclear. :)  I hope I get suggestions.

Are vegans somehow restricted from uptown? Are non-vegans allowed to answer the op?

But seriously, folks...I can't believe no one is gluten free in this dining group?! 

And he who needs "meat?' Does he include proteins like chicken? Duck? Rabbit? Pig? Pigeon? Cuy? Shrimp? Or must it be steak? 

And what's your definition of midtown and below? Like what street delineates midtown? Conversation - in NYC?! Not too pricey - in NYC?!

If you're not a troll, go to an Italian restaurant like Pasquale Jones or Lupa.  Meat man gets meat.  Vegan orders pasta with tomatoes and a salad or garlic and oil.  Vegan tells wait person to make sure his order is veganized.  Everyone is happy.

Well...as happy as they can be in this scenario.