• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

This little gizmo is providing me a great deal of vicarious fun. It makes me wish we had a "Whee!" icon. :D I'm so glad you're playing with and posting about it!

Thanks. Sometimes I think I’m just talking to the wind so it’s nice to know I’m amusing somebody!  

Edited to add

I am looking at, studying and weighing up recipes/methods for making takoyaki although it won’t be tako because I’m not going to find any octopus around here but there’s a very legitimate ebiyaki (shrimp) I understand. But I admit to being quite intimidated by the whole procedure. Pumping up my courage. 

Anna N

Anna N

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

This little gizmo is providing me a great deal of vicarious fun. It makes me wish we had a "Whee!" icon. :D I'm so glad you're playing with and posting about it!

Thanks. Sometimes I think I’m just talking to the wind so it’s nice to know I’m amusing somebody!