• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

Got more political than I intended, not what I'm here for.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

I'm gonna step out of this one at this point before people start assuming I'm some kind of insensitive uncaring ass (perhaps some already have). I'm really not. I'm a fan of the basic precept of political correctness. There are just a lot of things it's branched into that I'm much less a fan of. And I don't think it's because political correctness was a bad idea. It just failed to take human nature into account. What was supposed to create an environment of inclusiveness and caring about others has blossomed into one of the biggest dividers and displays of complete individual selfishness that's ever existed. I'm not sure there's a realistic way to remove human nature from anything so it's a concept that will never accomplish what it set out to. It's one of very few political soapbox triggers for me but I really didn't mean to dive in as deeply here as I did. So I will now go back to restricting myself to food and drink related discussion. Thanks for putting up with my ranting, regardless of whether you agree with me or not.