• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

13 hours ago, ElsieD said:

Thank you!

A couple of questions.  I only use unsalted butter.  It would not normally be a problem to buy another pound of butter, salted in this case, but I have 14 pounds of unsalted butter in the freezer (Lanctantia @2.88/lb).    Could I use that and add a bit more salt?  Also, the recipe calls for milk chocolate.  Ever try it with dark chocolate?  

Thanks again.  I'm looking forward to making (eating) this.

Can't say about the unsalted butter any better than you can.  

OTOH, I am dumbstruck that I never mentioned the chocolate in this recipe.  I'll fix that one in my printed recipe.   I have NEVER used milk chocolate.  I HATE milk chocolate.  I've used only dark and darker and sometimes half dark and half darker...you know 54% and 70%. 

Done. 

Darienne

Darienne

13 hours ago, ElsieD said:

Thank you!

A couple of questions.  I only use unsalted butter.  It would not normally be a problem to buy another pound of butter, salted in this case, but I have 14 pounds of unsalted butter in the freezer (Lanctantia @2.88/lb).    Could I use that and add a bit more salt?  Also, the recipe calls for milk chocolate.  Ever try it with dark chocolate?  

Thanks again.  I'm looking forward to making (eating) this.

Can't say about the unsalted butter any better than you can.  

OTOH, I am dumbstruck that I never mentioned the chocolate in this recipe.  I'll fix that one in my printed recipe.   I have NEVER used milk chocolate.  I HATE milk chocolate.  I've used only dark and darker and sometimes half dark and half darker...you know 54% and 70%.