• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

4 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

@andiesenji how does the Ninja parmesan compare with parmesan grated with the Cuisinart grating disc (which I purchased a while ago and still haven't tried)?

It really doesn't work on the extra hard aged cheeses.  The second cheese, the rock hard parm and aged very hard Asiago  and Grana Padano will have to be grated in the Cuisinart, which makes short work of it.  I didn't even try the two latter in the Ninja.  I didn't want to take a chance on breaking a blade or the jug.

The Cotija is like young parm or romano.  It can be cut with the knife I used.  That knife did not make a dent in the aged parm.  I had to use one of the wedge knives with the short broad handle.  

andiesenji

andiesenji

4 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

@andiesenji how does the Ninja parmesan compare with parmesan grated with the Cuisinart grating disc (which I purchased a while ago and still haven't tried)?

The second cheese, the rock hard parm and the aged very hard Asiago  and Grana Padano will have to be grated in the Cuisinart, which makes short work of it.

The Cotija is like young parm or romano.  It can be cut with the knife I used.  That knife did not make a dent in the aged parm.  I had to use one of the wedge knives with the short broad handle.