• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jaw

jaw

unfortunately, the CF is finicky with cookware detection. i talked about this earlier in the thread.

i have a lot of slightly-to-moderately warped stainless cookware that works fine 100% of the time on my miele induction range but works inconsistently on my CF.

sometimes, it works fine on CF. sometimes, it stops working mid-cook. other times, it won't work at all.

it's a shame because it's an issue that could be fixed in software. i emailed polysci and asked them to release a fw update with a debug/calibration menu that could let you adjust the coupling detection threshold, but obviously they don't want to do that. they don't even trust their users to update their own fw anymore lol.

it does work fine with modern cookware "designed for induction" that is in good condition (perfectly flat-bottomed).

but if you have "borderline" cookware, don't expect it to work even though it could (and should).

jaw

jaw

unfortunately, the CF is finicky with cookware detection. i talked about this earlier in the thread.

i have a lot of slightly-to-moderately warped stainless cookware that works fine 100% of the time on my miele induction range but works inconsistently on my CF.

sometimes, it works fine on CF. sometimes, it stops working mid-cook. other times, it won't work at all.

it's a shame because it's an issue that could be fixed in software. i emailed polysci and asked them to release a fw update with a debug/calibration menu that could let you adjust the coupling detection threshold, but obviously they don't want to do that. they don't even trust their users to update their own fw anymore lol.

it does work fine with modern cookware "designed for induction" that is in good condition (not warped).

but if you have "borderline" cookware, don't expect it to work even though it could (and should).

jaw

jaw

on CF, sometimes, it works fine. sometimes, it stops working mid-cook. other times, it won't work at all.

it does work fine with modern cookware "designed for induction" that is in good condition (not warped).

jaw

jaw

on CF, sometimes, it works fine. sometimes, it stops working mid-cook. other times, it won't work at all.