• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Probe control seems to work within a degree. The display is always within degree of the set temperature. Never seems to reach it exactly. As you can see it’s pretty close to my thermapen. 

Given my initial test with just pan control, I think I’d only plug in the probe for things that require absolute preciseness. Candy making and maybe deep frying. For everything else, I think pan control will be good enough. 

The probe one holder was hard to get onto the pan, but once it was on, it was super secure. I also like that you can easily angle the thermometer from the pan, so you can enter meat at an angle. 

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Probe control seems to work within a degree. The display is always within degree of the set temperature. Never seems to reach it exactly. As you can see it’s pretty close to my thermapen. 

Given my initial test with just pan control, I think I’d only plug in the probe for things that require absolute preciseness. Candy making and maybe deep frying. For everything else, I think pan control will be good enough. 

The probe one holder was hard to get onto the pan, but once it was on, it was super secure. I also like that you can easily angle the thermometer from the pan, so you can enter meat at an angle. 

D0216B94-2526-48C7-AF8D-355211D57AE9.jpeg