• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

KennethT

KennethT

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

But it does!  There are two ways of controlling the Paragon the mat or the probe and they are two separate items. 

Does the Paragon probe go in the pan or underneath it?  From my understanding, one of the things that makes the CF unique is that it has a probe built into the surface of the unit (that the pan sits on) which directly measures the temperature of the pan itself, not the pan contents.

Edit: Sorry - I just found info on the mat (I didn't see previously) that shows the mat's purpose - to measure the pan temperature....

KennethT

KennethT

50 minutes ago, Anna N said:

But it does!  There are two ways of controlling the Paragon the mat or the probe and they are two separate items. 

Does the Paragon probe go in the pan or underneath it?  From my understanding, one of the things that makes the CF unique is that it has a probe built into the surface of the unit (that the pan sits on) which directly measures the temperature of the pan itself, not the pan contents.