• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Added picture

Today I re-tempered the chocolate above using the Control Freak.  It worked flawlessly.  The execution on the molds leave a little something to be desired but I was mainly interested in the tempering procedure.  Last time I tempered anything was around 2007.  So I can call the tempering part a success unless @Kerry Beal you see something wrong?  These little chocolate guys are made with silicone molds and because they are so floppy it is hard to plop them on the counter to get rid of the air bubbles.  Oh, and the bloom on the underside is caused, I'm  pretty sure, by the last of the chocolate I used to smooth out the chocolate in the molds.  It was likely out of temper.

20181026_182136.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Today I re-tempered the chocolate above using the Control Freak.  It worked flawlessly.  The execution on the molds leave a little something to be desired but I was mainly interested in the tempering procedure.  Last time I tempered anything was around 2007.  So I can call the tempering part a success unless @Kerry Beal you see something wrong?  These little chocolate guys are made with silicone molds and because they are so floppy it is hard to plop them on the counter to get rid of the air bubbles.  Oh, and the bloom on the underside is caused, I'm  pretty sure, by the last of the chocolate I used to smooth out the chocolate in the molds.  It was likely out of temper.