• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Melanger experimentation

tikidoc

19 minutes ago, Rajala said:

I feel like that one is out of reach for my home experimentation. :D

Perhaps. It does sound like something that @Kerry Beal would have at home. 😀  She has a PacoJet, Thermomix, melanger, and so much more... so why not a micron ball refiner too.

Edited by curls (log)
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, curls said:

Perhaps. It does sound like something that @Kerry Beal would have at home. 😀

I do have a melanger that can manage 10 kgs or so, standing in my apartment. Haven't used it but bought it super cheap - for future use or something. Haha.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, curls said:

Perhaps. It does sound like something that @Kerry Beal would have at home. 😀  She has a PacoJet, Thermomix, melanger, and so much more... so why not a micron ball refiner too.

Not yet. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Rajala said:

I do have a melanger that can manage 10 kgs or so, standing in my apartment. Haven't used it but bought it super cheap - for future use or something. Haha.

Fire it up - makes wonderful nut pastes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Fire it up - makes wonderful nut pastes. 

My neighbor already comes knocking at my door asking what the hell I'm doing when I'm vacuuming. I'm sure it would take around 40 seconds for him to show up if I start this little beauty up. :D

You can also only tilt it, not remove the drum, so it's not really for household use when it comes to cleaning it haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rajala said:

My neighbor already comes knocking at my door asking what the hell I'm doing when I'm vacuuming. I'm sure it would take around 40 seconds for him to show up if I start this little beauty up. :D

You can also only tilt it, not remove the drum, so it's not really for household use when it comes to cleaning it haha.

What brand it is?

37 minutes ago, Rajala said:

Could you gift some chocolates and nut pastes to your neighbor? That might make them happier about hearing the melanger. 😉