• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

After doing a couple of loads of laundry, packing a bit of my stuff to go home, I realized Ivwas damned hungry. So hungry I forgot a photo until I had already eaten half my lunch!  

805FC880-3DC4-464D-81CB-D6A9745CE0F6.thumb.jpeg.48767852130c81030099377f1995b61a.jpeg

Found two bread heels in the freezer. I toasted them, added some cheddar and sliced timatoes and called it lunch!   

Add a smear of mayo and that would be what I had for lunch most of my childhood summers.  I rarely find a tomato these days that holds up to my memories of NC tomatoes picked and eaten still warm from the garden.

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

31 minutes ago, Anna N said:

After doing a couple of loads of laundry, packing a bit of my stuff to go home, I realized Ivwas damned hungry. So hungry I forgot a photo until I had already eaten half my lunch!  

805FC880-3DC4-464D-81CB-D6A9745CE0F6.thumb.jpeg.48767852130c81030099377f1995b61a.jpeg

Found two bread heels in the freezer. I toasted them, added some cheddar and sliced timatoes and called it lunch!   

Add a smear of mayo and that would be what I had for lunch most of my childhood summers.  I rarely find a tomato these days that hold up to my memories of NC tomatoes picked and eaten still warm from the garden.