• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Changed a verb tense

When I was in my teens I worked at whatever summer jobs I could get. This included picking strawberries, beans, and in the fall, apples , hoeing tobacco plants in the fields and working the tobacco harvest.  I started when I was 13.  I did not lack a work ethic.  One summer I decided to fit in a couple of days of picking raspberries.  I lasted the morning.  The raspberry place was about 2 1/2 miles from my house and I walked there and back.  Even I could see it just wasn't worth the effort for what I was getting paid.  I figure it must take 4 or 5 wild blueberries, volume wise to equal 1 raspberry.  No wonder they charge what they do.  I don't begrudge them a penny.

ElsieD

ElsieD

When I was in my teens I worked at whatever summer jobs I could get. This includes picking strawberries, beans, and in the fall, apples , hoeing tobacco plants in the fields and working the tobacco harvest.  I started when I was 13.  I did not lack a work ethic.  One summer I decided to fit in a couple of days of picking raspberries.  I lasted the morning.  The raspberry place was about 2 1/2 miles from my house and I walked there and back.  Even I could see it just wasn't worth the effort for what I was getting paid.  I figure it must take 4 or 5 wild blueberries, volume wise to equal 1 raspberry.  No wonder they charge what they do.  I don't begrudge them a penny.