• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Well, after 40 minutes at high pressure I’m still not particularly happy with the beef shank. It is going to get another 20 minutes. But I am beginning to question whether I am dealing with the kind of beef I am accustomed to which is corn finished supermarket beef. I do not think that Max finishes his cows on corn but rather keeps them grass-fed until they are processed and I am not at all used to working with grass-fed beef.

Much more production today may not happen as, in my effort to save a pan which I thought I had ruined, I didn’t bother to grab a towel first. Consequently I have one nasty burn on my working hand.  Nothing that needs medical attention but damn it stings.

I did manage to throw two small sweet potatoes into the CSO before they became much older. Mashed with some butter and who knows what else they tend to make a good part of meal for youngster. 

Anna N

Anna N

Well, after 40 minutes at high pressure I’m still not particularly happy with the beef shank. It is going to get another 20 minutes. But I am beginning to question whether I am dealing with the kind of beef I am a custom to which is corn finished supermarket beef. I do not think that Max finishes his cows on corn but rather keep them grass-fed until they are processed and I am not at all used to working with grass fed beef.

Much more production today may not happen as, in my effort to save a pan which I thought I had ruined, I didn’t bother to grab a towel first. Consequently I have one nasty burn on my working hand.  Nothing that needs medical attention but damn it stings.

I did manage to throw two small sweet potatoes into the CSO before they became much older. Mashed with some butter and who knows what else they tend to make a good part of meal for youngster.