• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

i'll be very interested in this as well....I face similar challenges and have avoided dealing with that big cabbage, depriving myself of one of my favorite meals.

I've tried some recipes such as 'unstuffed' cabbage where the chopped leaves are mixed in with the filling and made into a casserole but they just don't taste the same.

my favorite recipe is from a very old (late 60's) Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.

Quite simple and very tasty.  For some reason I never copied the recipe into my software so it's fortunate that I've save the book for all these years.

lindag

lindag

i'll be very interested in this as well....I face similar challenges and have avoided dealing with that big cabbage, depriving myself of one of my favorite meals.

I've tried some recipes such as 'unstuffed' cabbage where the chopped leaves are mixed in with the filling and made into a casserole but they just don't taste the same.