• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Rajala

Rajala

Realized that I didn't undertand the question at first.

3 hours ago, jmacnaughtan said:

Looks great!

So, why did you need to spray the glaze?

Thank you!

I was told that you always need to glaze a mousse in order to prevent it from absorb moisture. 

Eh, I think that I misunderstood the intent of the question. One of the mousse layer is really thin and I didn't really want to pour over it, and from experience - pouring neutral glaze over a frozen mousse often give you a way too thick glaze on the petit gateaux/entremet. This is what this thing looks like when a piece of it is removed, as you can see from its structure, I wouldn't be able to dip it either.

image.thumb.png.0ce716c91f26f0a0c973060e1bad54cc.png

Rajala

Rajala

2 hours ago, jmacnaughtan said:

Looks great!

Thank you!

I was told that you always need to glaze a mousse in order to prevent it from absorb moisture. 

Rajala

Rajala

2 hours ago, jmacnaughtan said:

Looks great!