• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Vedvyas

Vedvyas

Hi,

I am not at good at baking, however will do some simple baking items to introduce variety in our youth feast menus.

I am trying the lava cake. Here is my recipe.

1 kg lava mix

400 gm water 

500 gm oil (sunflower oil)

1 muffin cup holds 60 grams.

After baking for 8 to 10 min also, the middle portion remains wet or a kind of liquid stuff.

Where is the wrong in this recipe? Should I bake for more time? Forgot to capture the photos. Will post next time.

Please suggest.

Vedvyas

Vedvyas

Hi,

I am not at good at baking, however will do some simple baking items to introduce variety in our youth feast menus.

I am trying the lava cake. Here is my recipe.

1 kg lava mix

400 gm water 

500 gm oil (sunflower oil)

After baking for 8 to 10 min also, the middle portion remains wet or a kind of liquid stuff.

Where is the wrong in this recipe? Should I bake for more time? Forgot to capture the photos. Will post next time.

Please suggest.