• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

1 hour ago, gfweb said:

Fortunately Asian and other ethnic markets haven't responded like our local butchers and markets and still sell the cheap cuts cheaply

Too bad there are no Asian markets locally.

There are a couple small ones in Ithaca, over 30 miles away, but I gather they're pricing isn't cheap.

A bicycle ride to NYC or Philly and back isn't feasible! LOL xD

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

17 minutes ago, gfweb said:

Fortunately Asian and other ethnic markets haven't responded like our local butchers and markets and still sell the cheap cuts cheaply

Too bad there are no Asian markets locally.

There are a couple small ones in Ithaca, over 30 miles away, but I gather their pricing isn't cheap.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

14 minutes ago, gfweb said:

too bad there are no Asian markets locally.

There are a couple small ones in Ithaca, over 30* miles away, but I gather their pricing isn't cheap.