• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

chocolat-chocolat

Tri2Cook

Just wondering if anybody would be willing to make a quick visit to their site. chocolat-chocolat I haven't been able to access it for a couple days now and can't find any information suggesting it would be down. I've even used a site checker page which said the site is up. I've went through all of my security stuff and there's nothing that should be blocking it so I was just wondering if others can access it so I know whether to keep digging for a problem at my end.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

42 minutes ago, Darienne said:

I just got into  the site without any troubles.  Wednesday 8:00am

Ditto. 8:50am

However it seems to have grabbed my system!   I had to reboot and clear my cache in order to escape its clutches. So I suspect there might be something wrong. I did this twice so I think it’s not operator error on my part. 

Edited by Anna N (log)

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Gonna have to do some playing around at my end I guess, I still can't get to it. I already did all the standard stuff. Tried another browser, cleared the history, cache, cookies, etc. Temporarily disabled my firewall and antivirus. Even did a DNS flush and reboot. No luck, just keep getting "hmmm, can't reach this page". Oh well, as long as I know the site isn't down I'm ok. Scared me for a bit thinking one of my main chocolate work supplies sources was down. :D

Edited to add... I've narrowed the problem down to being somewhere between the modem and my ISP. I can't access the site using wifi with any device in the house but can access it using the mobility service data on my daughter's phone (I'm a dinosaur who doesn't have or want a cell phone) so it's nothing to do with my laptop.

Edited by Tri2Cook (log)
  • Like 2

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Problem solved so thanks everybody for checking the site for me. Still not completely sure what caused the problem, though a friend who's good at internet stuff suggested the likely scenario, but all is working for me again.

• Like 4