• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

I understand the hate for Walmart but it's not a bad store. If one can get over the stigma of "it's from Walmart" one can look pass the aisles of cheap crap and find amazing deals. Walmart has been my go-to for soy milk, cheap bread (their sandwich rolls are great), Halo-top, and Powerade. I've bought my entire Lodge Cast Iron Cookware from Walmart.

I go to Whole Foods a lot more than Walmart but only because it's a pleasure to shop in and it's next to Total Wine & More. A lot of their products are  only marginally better at twice the price. The big exception would be their produce, Whole Foods wins hands down, Walmart produce section is horrible.

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

I understand the hate for Walmart but it's not a bad store. If one can get over the stigma of "it's from Walmart" one can look pass the aisles of cheap crap and find amazing deals. Walmart has been my go-to for soy milk, cheap bread (their sandwich rolls are great), Halo-top, and Powerade. I've bought all entire Lodge Cast Iron Cookware from Walmart.

I go to Whole Foods a lot more than Walmart but only because it's a pleasure to shop in and it's next to Total Wine & More. A lot of their products are  only marginally better at twice the price. The big exception would be their produce, Whole Foods wins hands down, Walmart produce section is horrible.