• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

boilsover

boilsover

4 hours ago, Barrytm said:

Wavy is a better way of describing it than I did, though since you went back and forth, my guess is that the waves are very tiny.

Yes.  The beads on the pin are 3/32" tall.  In a 4-turn pastry, there are 81 layers (an 8-turn is something like 6500!) so even a little extra length should count up.

boilsover

boilsover

3 hours ago, Barrytm said:

Wavy is a better way of describing it than I did, though since you went back and forth, my guess is that the waves are very tiny.

Yes.  The beads on the pin are 3/32" tall.  In a 4-turn pastry, there are 81 layers (an 8-turn is something like 800!) so even a little extra length should count up.

boilsover

boilsover

3 hours ago, Barrytm said:

Yes.  The beads on the pin are 3/32" tall.  In a 4-turn pastry, there are 3 + 6 +12 + 24 = 45 layers (an 8-turn is something like 800!) so even a little extra length should count up.