• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Last night, I decided I had had enough of all the Chinese New Year nonsense (on only the second day) and went back to my roots.

mince1.thumb.jpg.a83aecfca09a4f54d8575ec0dee74949.jpg

Mince and tatties! With cabbage.

Well, almost to my roots. It is still somewhat Sinified. The mince was made with Shanghai Worcestershire sauce as I'm out of Lea & Perrins and also contained a whole star anise and some chilli powder. Also, the cabbage was stir-fried.

My long departed, Scottish grandmother is no doubt apoplectic in her grave. To please my equally departed, French grandmother, that's a blob of Dijon mustard at top-right.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Last night, I decided I had had enough of all the Chinese New Year nonsense (on only the second day) and went back to my roots.

Well, almost to my roots. It is still somewhat Sinified. The mince was made with Shanghai Worcestershire sauce as I'm out of Lea & Perrins and also contained a whole star anise and some chilli powder. Also, the cabbage was stir-fried.

My long departed, Scottish grandmother is no doubt apoplectic in her grave. To please my French grandmother, that's a blob of Dijon mustard at top-right.

liuzhou

liuzhou

My long departed, Scottish grandmother is no doubt apoplectic in her grave.