• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ChezAndré

ChezAndré

As i mentioned, the pizza dough from the CIA is pretty good... with a blend of bread flour and all purpose flour (  200g BF, 264g APF, 82g semolina)  338g water, 1 1/2tsp yeast; 3 tbsp oil and 1 1/2tsp salt added after full hydration.    Oven 550F on 1/2" baking steel.

I do think that most issues around feeling the need to use a dough relaxant is due to the flour user is too strong for the purpose.

Yes i have the books and many many more including the book from Calvel - Le gout du pain.

ChezAndré

ChezAndré

As i mentioned, the pizza dough from the CIA is pretty good... with a blend of bread flour and all purpose flour (  200g BF, 264g APF, 82g semolina)  338g water, 1 1/2tsp yeast; 3 tbsp oil and 1 1/2tsp salt added after full hydration.    Oven 550F on 1/2" baking steel.

Yes i have the books and many many more including the book from Calvel - Le gout du pain.