• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

26 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

What is the technical reason it does not work with an iPad?

I am speculating, but I think it's because they already had separate versions of the Tasty app for iPhone and iPad, and didn't add the feature to the iPad version. 

They added the One Top as a new feature to an existing app, rather than releasing a new app.

There is no technical reason the iPad couldn't control it.

dtremit

dtremit

25 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I am speculating, but I think it's because they already had separate versions of the Tasty app for iPhone and iPad, and didn't add the feature to the iPad version. 

They added the One Top as a new feature to an existing app, rather than releasing a new app.

There is no technical reason the iPad couldn't control it

dtremit

dtremit

22 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

There is no technical reason the iPad couldn't control it.