• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Like @kayb, I can happily spend far too long perusing menus I'll never sample from restaurants I'll never be anywhere near. Still enjoy the reviews though, with a couple of favourite writers.

I save a lot of menus to the computer and my kitchen is "decorated" with framed favourites.

Not interested in Yelp or the like.

10 hours ago, BeeZee said:

it's not like looking at restaurant menus online (which usually don't vary)

More and more do change. The fashion (?) for freshness and using what's best that day etc means that a lot of restaurants are now changing menus regularly (if not daily) and posting those on their websites.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Like @kayb, I can happily spend far too long perusing menus I'll never sample or be within miles of.

I save a lot to the computer and my kitchen is "decorated" with framed favourites.

Not interested in Yelp or the like.

10 hours ago, BeeZee said:

it's not like looking at restaurant menus online (which usually don't vary)

More and more do change. The fashion (?) for freshness and using what's best that day etc means that a lot of restaurants are now changing menus regularly (if not daily) and posting those on their websites.