• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate Costs Breakdown

If I'm honest (debatable) the cost of ingredients is a relatively small part of my costs here, especially for small boxes of 4 bonbons that I sell to hotels. The packaging (personalised boxes, flavour booklet and ingredients label) atually cost more than the ingredients of the bonbons inside the box, then there is obviously the cost of my time and skill(!) in producing them, so the increase in chocolate prices has yet to reach a critical point. Another big increase in price, come September, could change all that though.

The last month or so I've also been struggling to actually buy the chocolate in the first place as my supplier can't source it, due to shortages... though this could be an issue more specific to the Canary Islands as efficiency and customer service are apparently illegal here.  

• Like 3