• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

image.jpeg.f3586cf4a6da5931158222792ac1c9c7.jpeg

image.jpeg.0cd4271641d2acc9f5cee7edba5babf9.jpeg

So here is the finished product. It looks somewhat different from the one @blue_dolphin made. I suspect it has a lot to do with the ratio of cauliflower to egg mixture and since the scales here were acting up I was unable to weigh the cauliflower.  I did not use all of the cauliflower I cooked but perhaps I still used too much relative to the amount of eggs. And because the yolk to white ratio in the eggs was off, this likely contributed some difference also. Mine could also have used a couple of minutes longer in the oven just to set that last little bit.

If I were to make it again, and I might, I would definitely ditch the red onions on top. They make it challenging to cut and I don't think contribute very much to the end product anyway.   Mine could certainly have benefitted from the addition of a side of a spicy tomato chutney which is not in evidence here. I think it has potential But I'm visualizing it with some sort of sauce napped over it once it is sliced.   Perhaps a romesco or even a basil cream sauce which would pick up one of the flavours in there.  

Edited because I DO know the difference between yoke and yolk and various other misinterpretations by whatever system takes my dictation and mucks it up.

Anna N

Anna N

image.jpeg.f3586cf4a6da5931158222792ac1c9c7.jpeg

image.jpeg.0cd4271641d2acc9f5cee7edba5babf9.jpeg

So here is the finished product. It looks somewhat different from the one @blue_dolphin made. I suspect it has a lot to do with the ratio of cauliflower to egg mixture and since the scales here were acting up I was unable to weigh the cauliflower.  I did not use all of the cauliflower I cooked but perhaps I still used to much relative to the amount of eggs. And because the yoke to white ratio in the eggs was off,  likely contributed some difference also. Mine could also have used a couple of minutes longer in the oven just sent that last little bit.

If I were to make it again, and I might, I would definitely ditch the red onions on top. They make it challenging to cut and I don't think contribute very much to the end product anyway.   Mine could certainly have benefitted from the addition of a side of a spicy tomato chutney which is not in evidence here. I think it has potential But I'm visualizing it with some sort of sauce napped over it once it is sliced.   Perhaps a romesco or even a basil cream sauce which would pick up one of the flavours in there.