• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

10 minutes ago, Anna N said:

@blue_dolphin

I know you used my recipe for the pot in pot polenta in the Instant Pot.  I believe it was successful.   Do you still have the recipe and can you share it back with me? Thanks.

Here is a link to your post that I've used as a guide and those proportions (1:4) and cooking time (15 min high pressure with slow release)  

I reduced the amount of water slightly when I wanted a firm polenta for making a pie crust (1/2 cup polenta + 1 3/4 cups water) but otherwise, I've used the 1:4 ratio that you used.

Edited to add, I wonder if there is something different about this batch of dry polenta?

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

7 minutes ago, Anna N said:

@blue_dolphin

I know you used my recipe for the pot in pot polenta in the Instant Pot.  I believe it was successful.   Do you still have the recipe and can you share it back with me? Thanks.

Here is a link to your post that I've used as a guide and those proportions (1:4) and cooking time (15 min high pressure with slow release)  

I reduced the amount of water slightly when I wanted a firm polenta for making a pie crust (1/2 cup polenta + 1 3/4 cups water) but otherwise, I've used the 1:4 ratio that you used.