• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

24 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Perhaps @ElainaA will pop in here and solve the mystery for us. 

I'm not @ElainaA, but I saved her recipe from an earlier post and it appears the basil ribbons go over pasta.  Here is what I had saved:

Slow Roasted Tomato Sauce with Basil and Parmesan. It takes along time to cook but it is worth it.
Preheat oven to 250. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil. Add 1 large onion, diced and 6 cloves garlic, diced. Cook about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 18 (yes! the recipe is this specific! You don't have to be!) shredded basil leaves and 1/8 t. red pepper flakes. 
In a deep roasting pan, combine 50 cherry tomatoes (I told you the recipe is specific - and I use more) with 2 t. sugar, 1 t. salt and onion mixture. Drizzle with 1/4 c. olive oil. Roast in 250 degree oven for 3 hours, stirring once. Serve over pasta with 1/2 c. parmesan and 1/4 c. basil ribbons.
I like this with a mix of different colored cherry tomatoes

Edited to add:  Here's a link to the post that I copied this from in the Gardening thread.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

15 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Perhaps @ElainaA will pop in here and solve the mystery for us. 

I'm not @ElainaA, but I saved her recipe from an earlier post and it appears the basil ribbons go over pasta.  Here is what I had saved:

Slow Roasted Tomato Sauce with Basil and Parmesan. It takes along time to cook but it is worth it.
Preheat oven to 250. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil. Add 1 large onion, diced and 6 cloves garlic, diced. Cook about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 18 (yes! the recipe is this specific! You don't have to be!) shredded basil leaves and 1/8 t. red pepper flakes. 
In a deep roasting pan, combine 50 cherry tomatoes (I told you the recipe is specific - and I use more) with 2 t. sugar, 1 t. salt and onion mixture. Drizzle with 1/4 c. olive oil. Roast in 250 degree oven for 3 hours, stirring once. Serve over pasta with 1/2 c. parmesan and 1/4 c. basil ribbons.
I like this with a mix of different colored cherry tomatoes