• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I could not find @Anna N '  comment on Costco mechanically tenderizing its meat.

as My FCO was going well , even though St.P's day's S&S point CB's will have an impact ...

( a tasty one ! )

I had planned to get a gift certificate from time to time in the future to get various Prime Cuts there as a well deserved treat 

from time to time.  

Id SV the meat them deal with its consumption in various ways later.

I was alarmed that C'  does this with tis meat.  it precludes SV

So I called a Costco  20 min away from me  , very close to :

https://www.shakeshack.com  which has the best SmkeShake burger    ....

I spoke to one of the butcher's and they were very nice and straight forward on this :

yes  all meat is mechanically tenderized.   they clean the system frequently etc   they also were very familiar with SV

suprise.gif.8dc0563a4e1c9904998518e9972a909f.gif  and understand their routine meat in the counter might not be best for SV    they said this themselves.

but as something happened in Canada  , which I haven't looked into 

they said they would be happy to not do this to any customer as asked on the spot.   you even get to see them cut up your stuff right there;.

they said they were happy to do this , as some customers asked about it.

so   fully ijmformed  you can get around this at least at the Costco I call w is in Dedham MA.

that was close Id say.

rotuts

rotuts

I could not find @Anna N '  comment on Costco mechanically tenderizing its meat.

as My FCO was going well , even though St.P's day's S&S point CB's will have an impact ...

( a tasty one ! )

I had planned to get a gift certificate from time to time in the future to get various Prime Cuts there as a well deserved treat 

from time to time.  

I spoke to one of the butcher's and they were very nice and straight forward on this :

yes  all meat is mechanically tenderized.   they clean the system frequently etc   they also were very familiar with SV

suprise.gif.8dc0563a4e1c9904998518e9972a909f.gif  and understand their routine meat in the counter might not be best for SV    they said this themselves.

they said they would be happy to not do this to any customer as asked on the spot.   you even get to see them cut up your stuff right there;.

they said they were happy to do this , as some customers asks about it.

so   fully ijmformed  you can get around this at least at the Costco I call w is in Dedham MA.

that was close Id say.

rotuts

rotuts

( a tasty one ! )

from time to time.  

yes  all meat is mechanically tenderized.   they clean the system frequently etc

they said they were happy to do this , as some customers asks about it.

that was close Id say.