• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

9 minutes ago, liamsaunt said:

We are heading back on Saturday for two weeks.  This time I am planning on cooking dinner at the house about half of the time.  I'm bringing down some food because quality and selection at the island groceries can be pretty limited.  You can bring in anything you want.  There are restrictions on what you can bring back out, so I always plan our meals carefully when I do this, to try and make sure everything gets used.  Plus, you also can only bring as much as will fit in a regular freezer, with room leftover for ice.  I prep and freeze everything at my house, then pack into Polar Bear Coolers with techni ice right before we go to the airport.  On prior trips, everything has always stayed frozen.  This time, we are leaving the house at 4:30 AM, and, if there are no delays, we will be getting in to the house about 12 hours later.  It's so very hot right now, but hopefully stuff will stay frozen.  Here's a picture of the house kitchen.  It should be fine for the cooking I am planning on doing.  There's a grill outside too.

kitchen.thumb.jpg.465216accda05aa41821eb476d873e86.jpg 

A lovely spot for cooking.

You are quite the jetsetters!  Bravo.

lindag

lindag

8 minutes ago, liamsaunt said:

We are heading back on Saturday for two weeks.  This time I am planning on cooking dinner at the house about half of the time.  I'm bringing down some food because quality and selection at the island groceries can be pretty limited.  You can bring in anything you want.  There are restrictions on what you can bring back out, so I always plan our meals carefully when I do this, to try and make sure everything gets used.  Plus, you also can only bring as much as will fit in a regular freezer, with room leftover for ice.  I prep and freeze everything at my house, then pack into Polar Bear Coolers with techni ice right before we go to the airport.  On prior trips, everything has always stayed frozen.  This time, we are leaving the house at 4:30 AM, and, if there are no delays, we will be getting in to the house about 12 hours later.  It's so very hot right now, but hopefully stuff will stay frozen.  Here's a picture of the house kitchen.  It should be fine for the cooking I am planning on doing.  There's a grill outside too.

kitchen.thumb.jpg.465216accda05aa41821eb476d873e86.jpg 

A lovely spot for cooking.